Chocolate mousse cake (despacito)

 chocolate mousse cake

 
New recipe for beautiful cakes 😍 I have regained the taste for pastry a little lost for 1 year or 2 ... it is true that before I often made this kind of cakes and even very beautiful desserts and Bavarians and then BOOM the lazy at crossing my path πŸ˜‚ Basically (at the very beginning of the beginning of this blog a very long time ago ^^) I was only baking (do not look in the archives at the beginning of the blog I deleted all the ugly photos of my beginnings haha) before I started to cook that I hated, like what it is sometimes good to get started ^^ Oh worse here I am telling you my life again ... Back to our dessert, right?
 
I took up Christelle's recipe on her blog " Once upon a time there was pastry " which is by the way a nugget concerning sweet recipes, I am never disappointed with her recipes! This is the Despacito cake which was fashionable on the web 2 years ago I believe (no no I'm not late lol) 100% chocolate! And apart from the little more delicate decoration above, this cake is super easy to make and oh so delicious πŸ˜‹
 
chocolate mousse cake
 
Ingredients: (for 8 to 10 parts)
For the cocoa sponge cake :
  • 3 eggs
  • 80g caster sugar
  • 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
  • 80g flour
  • 1 sachet of baking powder (11g)
  • 25g unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
For the soaking syrup :
  • 10cl of milk
  • 1 stick of soluble coffee
  • 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 40g caster sugar
For the chocolate mousse:
  • 33cl of cold whole liquid cream
  • 50g dark chocolate
  • 100g milk chocolate
Preparation:
Sponge cake:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
  2. Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar until the mixture doubles in volume (preferably with an electric mixer or food processor).
  3. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder then incorporate everything, as well as the pinch of salt in the previous preparation, mixing gently with a spatula.
  4. Pour into a buttered 20cm springform pan (possible in a larger pan but the cake will be thinner).
  5. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool.
Syrup:
  1. Meanwhile prepare the syrup, in a saucepan mix all the ingredients.
  2. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Reserve.
Chocolate mousse:
  1. Melt the chocolates in a double boiler. Reserve 3 tablespoons in a pastry bag.
  2. At the same time, whip the very cold cream into whipped cream (you have to whip it starting with basic speed and then gradually increase in order to incorporate air).
  3. Incorporate the melted chocolate delicately with a spatula (without allowing it to cool otherwise it will solidify).
Assembly and finishes:
  1. Prick the sponge cake in several places with a fork and pour the syrup in several times evenly. Allow the sponge cake to dry up well as you go.
  2. Then pour in the chocolate mousse and smooth on the surface (an angled spatula will be very useful!).
  3. Cut the end of the pastry bag and draw lines of chocolate on the cake, then draw lines in the other direction using a wooden pick to create the pattern. If my explanations are not clear enough I invite you to watch this video of Christelle from Once upon a time the pastry shop.
  4. Place in the fridge at least 2 hours before tasting (possible to prepare this cake the day before, which I did).

 

despacito cake

Comments